Staff members are available during library hours to assist students and faculty with locating physical and online materials and literature searches. To locate specific articles, faculty members and students should email firstname.lastname@example.org and the item will delivered electronically or physically, based on preference.
Materials can be checked out for three weeks. Items may be renewed for an additional three weeks with no previous holds. Items are considered overdue the day following the due date. A $5.00 late fee per item will be added on the student’s account if materials are not returned by the end of each term. Until all fines are paid, the student’s transcripts or grades will not be released.
Can’t find the full-text version of an article or a particular book? Submit your request by emailing the library. The item will be delivered electronically or physically, based on preference.
The library owns a copy of each current textbook on reserve. Staff members will hold student IDs while students use these materials. Reserved materials may not leave the library or student lounge without permission.
ResU Course Specific Guides
- Adult Health Nursing I Guide: Materials provided in this guide for Adult Health Nursing I are: instructional videos, ATI supplemental materials, database tutorials, and peer tutor information just for ResU nursing students.
- Adult Health Nursing II Guide: This guide provides resources for Adult Health II Nursing. It includes videos, journals, ebooks and online educational materials for ResU nursing students.
- Community Health Nursing Guide: This guide provides resources for Community Health Nursing, including videos, journals, ebooks, pocket guides, and online educational materials for nurses and community members.
- Ethics in Nursing Guide: This guide provides resources and instructional database searching for Ethics in Nursing. It includes videos, journals, ebooks, online educational videos, and APA walkthroughs for ResU nursing students.
- Gerontological Nursing Guide: This guide provides resources for Gerontological Nursing, including videos, journals, ebooks, pocket guides, and online educational materials for nurses and senior citizens.
- Health Assessment II Guide: This guide offers resources to help ResU students finish the second half of their health assessment education. The materials are more specific to the second section of health assessment and cater to design of the laboratory assignments.
- Leadership and Management Nursing Guide: This guide provides resources for Leadership and Management Nursing. It includes videos, journals, and online educational materials for ResU nursing students.
- Mental Health Guide: This guide provides resources for Mental Health Nursing, including videos, journals, ebooks, pocket guides, and online education materials for nurses and anyone needing mental health guidance.
- New Nursing Students: If you are a new ResU Nursing student, use this guide for your first term. It provides library rules and supplemental materials for your courses and clinical site visits.
- Pediatric Nursing Guide: This guide provides resources for Pediatric Nursing, including a pediatric specific database tutorial, videos, ebooks, pocket guides, and online educational materials for nurses and parents.
- Pharmacotherapeutics in Nursing Guide: Since this course is online, having a guide that provides additional virtual and physical resources such as videos, mnemonic devices, ebooks, and databases has been essential in helping ResU students.
- Research Guide: This guide reviews the steps students should take when starting research assignments with EBSCO and Ovid databases. Following these steps instead of jumping into the databases without any prior guidance will save you tons of time!
- Women and Newborn Nursing Guide: This guide provides resources for OB Nursing, including a maternal-newborn specific database tutorial, videos , ebooks, pocket guides, and online educational materials for nurses and soon-to-be parents.
ResU Library Guides
- Career Resources for Students and Alumni: This guide is to help you find the dream job you are working so hard to pursue.
- ESL Resources: If you are a ResU student and English is your second language, select this guide for resources to help you with English and medical-based English.
- Faculty Resources: A resource for on and offsite faculty, this guide covers basic library questions, curriculum development materials, continuing education, and online databases.
- HIIM Program: Specifically for HIIM students, this guide includes online databases, books, journals, and career information.
- Library Resources: This guide covers basic library resources that are offered at ResU for all students and faculty, include nursing/medical databases, apps, careplans, books, ebooks, videos, NCLEX prep, patient education and much more!
- Nurse Practitioner Resources: Specifically for students in the MSN program, this guide includes database overviews, books, journals, online resources and writing assistance.
- Online Resources: Whether you are an on or offsite student or faculty member, this guide compiled all online materials into one place for your convenience.
- Student Services: Meet all of the members of the Student Services Department and learn how they can help you with your time here at ResU!
- Writing Tips: This guide walks through writing basics, common writing mistakes, Word formatting issues, APA citation, and additional resources that are available to help you gain confidence as a writer.
Current Affairs in Video
: Part of the Alexander Street Press, this collection covers immigration and border studies, Middle East studies, Urban studies, Political Science, globalization, and human rights. Use your database login to access these videos on campus or at home.
Education in Video
: Part of the Alexander Street Press, this collection will give education faculty, students, and in-service teachers a single source for the best research-based professional development video resources available. Use your database login to access these videos on campus or at home.
Health and Society in Video
: Part of the Alexander Street Press, this collection explores today’s latest medical progress in health and wellness issues and their impact on society– with hundreds of premium documentaries, profiles, reports, and interviews. Use your database login to access these videos on campus or at home.
Nursing Education in Video
: Part of the Alexander Street Press, this collection is created specifically for the education and training of nurses, nursing assistants, and other healthcare workers. All of the videos in the collection have been created with the guidance of the Medcom-Trainex advisory board, and are regularly reviewed for accuracy, currency, and compliance with US Federal regulations from agencies such as OSHA and CMS. Use your database login to access these videos on campus or at home.
Sports Medicine and Exercise in Video
: Part of the Alexander Street Press, this collection is the most extensive video collection ever assembled in the areas of fitness and health assessment, disease management, injury treatment, nutrition, medical fitness, sport science, work-site wellness, exercise adherence, and much more. Use your database login to access these videos on campus or at home.
Databases: contact the library for usernames and passwords.
Can’t find the full-text version of an article? Email the library and we will retrieve it for you!
- Centers for Disease Control: Contains public health information, statistics, oversees travel information and more.
- ClinicalTrials.gov: A database of updated information on public and private clinical trials. This website provided by the U.S. National Institutes of Health, can be searched by disease, location, treatment, sponsor, and more.
- The Clinics of North America: A trusted source for expert clinical reviews of current diagnosis and treatment by topic. Create a free account for access to abstracts and read selected articles.
: Houses many nursing, medical, and academic databases indexing and providing access to thousands of full-text journals that will assist Nursing and HIIM students with their research of all subject areas. Use your database login to access this on campus or at home.
: This database includes unbiased, referenced information about drugs, toxicology, diseases, acute care, and alternative medicine you need to make informed clinical diagnosis and treatment decisions. Use your database login to access this on campus or at home.
Mosby’s Nursing Skills
: This database offers educators and staff convenient online access to evidence-based skills and procedures. Content has been adapted from authoritative resources with insight from leading nursing societies, and is continuously updated to reflect the latest in evidence-based practice. Use your database login to access this on campus or at home.
- National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A public resource for evidence-based clinical practice guidelines that provides health care professionals with obtaining objective, detailed information on clinical practice guidelines.
: Includes access to the Joanna Briggs Institute, OVID Core BioMedical Collection, over 400 unique nursing and medical journals, and over 150 nursing ebooks selected for ResU nursing students. The collection provides information on measurement instruments in healthcare, psychosocial sciences, organization behavior and library and information science. Use your database login to access Ovid on campus or at home.
- PubMed: Consists of more than 21 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Some citations include full-text while other citations have link out features to access journals in university databases. No password required.
: An evidence-based website containing information on over 9,000 topics in 19 specialties. Use your database login to access this on campus or at home.
- CARLI EBL eBook Patron Driven Acquisitions (PDA) Pilot Project: ResU faculty, students, and staff members now have access over 29,000 ebooks from a wide variety of genres: the arts, fiction, medicine, nursing, science and more! This collection, while temporary, is available for all ResU personnel to use. It’s like having an online public library for just being a part of the university!
- Ovid Nursing Ebooks: Handpicked by the librarian, this collection includes has dozens of ebooks specific to nursing in several disciplines including: consultations, nutrition, pathophysiology, mental health, gerontology, care planning and more!
- SpringerLink Medicine Ebook Collection: Over 2,000 medical and nursing ebooks including: monographs, textbooks, handbooks, reference works, and book series!
Patient and Consumer Health Information
- Family Doctor: Operated by the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP). The information provided on this website is for general educational purposes only.
- Healthfinder: A service of the National Health Information Center, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, this site offers a health library, health news, online check-ups and more.
- Kidshealth: The most-visited site on the Web for information about health, behavior, and development from before birth through teen years.
- Mayo Clinic: Provides information for medical professionals, current research, and healthcare education for everyone.
- MedlinePlus: Produced by the National Library of Medicine, it provides information about diseases, conditions, and wellness issues in a language you can understand.
- National Institutes of Health: A part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and is the nation’s medical research agency–making important discoveries that improve health and save lives.
- WebMD: Offers valuable health information, tools for managing your health, and support to those who seek information. You can trust that the content is timely and credible.
Manager of Library Services
Liesl Cottrell, MLIS
Liesl.Cottrell@resu.edu or email@example.com