Welcome to the Resurrection University chapter of the National Student Nurse Association!
What can RUSNA do for you?
- Clinical volunteer opportunities to put on your resume
- Opportunities to practice your nursing skills
- Monthly Q&A sessions with RNs and nurse practitioners across many specialties
- Networking opportunities within the health care industry
- Participate in community activities
- Active research projects
Our chapter participates in many community-based clinical volunteering activities, including health screenings, medical staffing at sporting events, and patient education. In the past, RUSNA students walked for AIDS awareness, raised money for breast and ovarian cancers through Bears Cares, provided first aid support at the Oak Park Family Triathlon, and participated in a community food bank and health screening day at an area church.
RUSNA Board Member Openings
If you are interested in holding a board position with RUSNA, please submit a brief bio by Wednesday, September 25th to RUSNA@resu.edu. Elections will be held Wednesday, October 2nd.
- Shall preside at all meetings of this association, appoint special committee as needed, perform all other duties pertaining to the office and represent this association in all matters to the local state nurses association, the local league for nursing, state nursing student association, National Student Nurses’ Association, and other professional and student organizations.
- Shall serve as chairperson of the Board of Directors
- Vice President
- Shall assume responsibility of the office of President in the event of the vacancy occurring in the office until the next regular election.
- Shall preside at meetings in the absence of the President.
- Shall assist the President as delegated and act as advisor to the President.
- Shall record and distribute the minutes of all meetings of this association to the Board of Directors, the faculty advisor to report to the faculty organization, and any others as directed by the President.
- Shall keep on file as a permanent record all reports, papers and documents submitted to the Secretary.
- Refer to dully appointed committees the necessary records for the completion of business.
- Forward minutes to the state nursing student association board as well as the names and addresses of all officers and committee chairpersons after their election or appointment.
- Deliver to the newly elected Secretary all association papers.
- Submit annually the Official Application for NSNA Constituency Status which shall include purpose and functions, membership, dues, and representation.
- Shall serve as chairperson of the budget/finance committee.
- Submit financial reports to the membership as directed by President.
- Prepare financial reports submitted at the monthly Board of Directors Meeting.
- Keep a permanent record of all dues received from members and any other income and expenses.
- Remit payment for approved debits according to the following:
- Disbursement of Funds
- Requests for disbursement of funds shall be made in writing to the Board of Directors.
- Upon approval the treasurer will issue checks for those requests approved.
- No funds will be disbursed without prior approval.
- Project Manager
- Serves as chairperson of Projects committee.
- Coordinate with the Resurrection University Student Govervent Organization
- Be accountable to the membership for notification of pending student activities.
- Recruitment Officer
- Recruit new members.
- Keep a record of all new members and update the current member list.
- Organize and participate in recruitment and new student events.
- Newsletter and Web Site Editor
- Submit articles to state newsletter.
- Submit articles to Imprint “Happenings” column according to publication deadline.
- Submit association activities to school yearbook.
- Keep bulletin board up-to-date.
- Contribute to the school newsletter and submit information for the web site and Facebook page as directed by the Board of Directors.
Student Nurses Association of Illinois
64th Annual Convention
Click here for the 64th Annual Student Nurses Association of Illinois Convention Flyer.
- RUSNA will be offering scholarships for the cost of attendance to the conference. If you are interested, please send an email to RUSNA@resu.edu for consideration.
Volunteer Opportunities! Members – check them out and sign up today:
- September 29th: Pleasant District Triathlon, Oak Park
- October 1st: flu shot clinic
- OCHA: out of hospital cardiac arrest training, ongoing
You must be a member of RUSNA to participate in clinical volunteering opportunities and meetings, so sign up today!
The Professional Life Speaker Series
Members of the ResU faculty and community are chosen to speak to RUSNA members about their chosen specialties at the Professional Life Speaker Series. More dates will be available soon.
RUSNA pins are available to members for $5. Please contact Nancy Reese to purchase yours today.