The Resurrection University Library is an important resource for students and alumni.
Within the ResU library, you’ll discover the latest papers and publications as well as vast materials specific to nursing and Health Informatics and Information Management (HIIM). Best of all, you’ll have access to staff members who can assist you with locating the information you need whether it’s a printed copy or an electronic resource.
Assistance is available during library hours to help students and faculty locate physical and online materials and literature searches. To locate specific articles faculty members and students should email email@example.com
and the item will delivered electronically or physically, based on preference.
Materials can be checked out for three weeks. Items may be renewed for an additional three weeks with no previous holds. Items are considered overdue the day following the due date. A $5.00 late fee per item will be added on the student’s account if materials are not returned by the end of each term. Until all fines are paid, the student’s transcripts or grades will not be released.
Can’t find the full-text version of an article or a particular book? Submit your request by emailing the library.
The item will be delivered electronically or physically, based on preference.
The library owns a copy of each current textbook on reserve. Staff members will hold student IDs while students use these materials. Reserved materials may not leave the library or student lounge without permission.
Manager of Library Services
Liesl Cottrell, MLIS
Monday-Thursday: 7:00am – 9:00pm
Friday: 7:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am – 7:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am – 4:00pm
- NRG 5000: Theoretical Foundations of Nursing Practice
- NRG 5002: Health Care Delivery
- NRG 5005: Evidence Based Practice for Advanced Nursing Practice
- NRG 5103: Advanced Pharmacology
- NUR 3131, 3140, & 3141: New Nursing Students Guide: If you are a new ResU Nursing student, use this guide for your first term. It provides library rules and supplemental materials for your courses and clinical site visits.
- NUR 3231: Health Assessment II Guide: This guide offers resources to help ResU students finish the second half of their health assessment education. The materials are more specific to the second section of health assessment and cater to design of the laboratory assignments.
- NUR 3240: Pharmacotherapeutics in Nursing Guide: Since this course is online, having a guide that provides additional virtual and physical resources such as videos, mnemonic devices, ebooks and databases has been essential in helping ResU students.
- NUR 3241:Adult Health Nursing I Guide: Materials provided in this guide for Adult Health Nursing I are: instructional videos, ATI supplemental materials, database tutorials, and peer tutor information just for ResU nursing students.
- NUR 4141: Women and Newborn Nursing Guide:
This guide provides resources for OB Nursing, including a maternal-newborn specific database tutorial, videos , ebooks, pocket guides, and online educational materials for nurses and soon-to-be parents.
- NUR 4240: Ethics in Nursing Guide: This guide provides resources and instructional database searching for Ethics in Nursing It includes videos, journals, ebooks, online educational videos, and APA walkthroughs for ResU nursing students.
- NUR 4241: Pediatric Nursing Guide:
This guide provides resources for Pediatric Nursing, including a pediatric specific database tutorial, videos, ebooks, pocket guides, and online educational materials for nurses and parents.
- NUR 4440: Research in Nursing Guide: This guide reviews the steps students should take when starting research assignments with EBSCO and Ovid databases. Following these steps instead of jumping into the databases without any prior guidance will save you tons of time!
- NUR 4441: Mental Health Guide:
This guide provides resources for Mental Health Nursing, including videos, journals ebooks, pocket guides, and online education materials for nurses and anyone needing mental health guidance.
- NUR 4540: Gerontological Nursing Guide: This guide provides resources for Gerontological Nursing, including videos, journals, ebooks, pocket guides, and online educational materials for nurses and senior citizens.
- NUR 4541: Community Health Nursing Guide: This guide provides resources for Community Health Nursing, including videos, journals, ebooks, pocket guides, and online educational materials for nurses and community members.
- NUR 4640: Leadership and Management Nursing Guide: This guide provides resources for Leadership and Management Nursing. It includes videos, journals, and online educational materials for ResU nursing students.
- NUR 4641: Adult Health Nursing II Guide: This guide provides resources for Adult Health II Nursing. It includes videos, journals, ebooks and online educational materials for ResU nursing students.
- NUR 4642: Role Transition Guide
- BSN for RNs Guide
- Career Resources for Students and Alumni: This guide is to help you find the dream job you are working so hard to pursue.
- Copyright Information for ResU Personnel
- ELL Resources:
If you are a ResU student and English is your second language, select this guide for resources to help you with English and medical-based English.
- Faculty Resources:
A resource for on and offsite faculty, this guide covers basic library questions curriculum development materials, continuing education, and online databases.
- HIIM Library Resources:
Specifically for HIIM students, this guide includes online databases, books, journals and career information.
- Language Barriers in Health Care
- Online Library Resources: This guide covers basic library resources that are offered at ResU for all students and faculty, include nursing/medical databases, apps, careplans books, ebooks, videos, NCLEX prep, patient education and much more!
- ResU Ebook Collection
- Nurse Practitioner Resources: Specifically for students in the MSN program, this guide includes database overviews, books, journals, online resources and writing assistance.
- Online Resources:
Whether you are an on or offsite student or faculty member, this guide compiled all online materials into one place for your convenience.
- Student Services Department: Meet all of the members of the Student Services Department and learn how they can help you with your time here at ResU!
- Writing Tips:
This guide walks through writing basics, common writing mistakes, Word formatting issues, APA citation, and additional resources that are available to help you gain confidence as a writer.
Part of the Alexander Street Press, this collection is the most extensive video collection ever assembled in the areas of fitness and health assessment, disease management, injury treatment, nutrition, medical fitness sport science, work-site wellness, exercise adherence, and much more. Use your database login to access these videos on campus or at home.
Databases: contact the library for usernames and passwords.
Can’t find the full-text version of an article? Email the library and we will retrieve it for you!
- Ovid Nursing Ebooks: Handpicked by the librarian, this collection includes has dozens of ebooks specific to nursing in several disciplines including: consultations nutrition, pathophysiology, mental health, gerontology, care planning and more!
- R2Library: Take advantage of more ebooks available for ResU personnel. The collection from this database includes ATI/NCLEX ebooks, DNP ebooks, and additional nursing reference materials. This collection only allows a user to view one book at a time, so please print or save what you need and log out so others can utilize the materials.