Nursing – BSN Pre-Licensure and Evening/Weekend Program Admission Criteria.
Nurses are crucial to quality patient care. For over 100 years, Resurrection University has been known for producing some of the best nurses in the country. Our BSN program is designed for those who wish to begin their career in nursing equipped with the tools to hit the ground running.
Our BSN program allows for a unique and flexible experience. We are one of the only programs in the area with an evening and weekend program option, and a day program that may be completed in as little as 16 months. ResU also has three program start dates per year for both BSN-Day and BSN-Evening/Weekend tracks. You can start the nursing program whenever you feel ready.
Due to our affiliation with the Presence Health System, ResU provides its students with supportive in-class experiences and top-notch clinical experiences within the largest Catholic Health System in Illinois.
As an upper-division transfer school, BSN candidates will need to transfer in about 61 semester credits in General Education and Pre-Nursing Support courses. We highly recommend completing a transcript evaluation prior to applying in order to understand the classes that would transfer and the classes still needed. I need a transcript evaluation!
BSN Pre-Licensure (Day or Evening/Weekend) Admission Criteria
- A cumulative, undergraduate college grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale
- A cumulative science grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale (calculated from Chemistry, Microbiology, Human Anatomy and Physiology I and II)
- An overall Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) score of 68% or higher
- Must be in good standing with all prior colleges and universities attended
BSN Pre-Licensure (Day or Evening/Weekend) Application Requirements
- Submit an online application and fee ($50 nonrefundable)
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Submit a two-page personal statement detailing the reasons you wish to pursue the degree and how you feel the degree will enhance your career
- Submit an official TEAS exam score. (If possible, the exam should be taken and the score should be on file by the deadline for the semester applied for.)
Start Terms and Application Deadlines
The BSN pre-licensure program starts in the Fall, Spring and Summer Semesters each year.
- Fall application deadline is April 1st or until all seats are filled
- Spring application deadline is September 1st or until all seats are filled
- Summer application deadline is February 1st or until all seats are filled
This section was designed to answer some of the most frequently asked questions about the BSN program.
BSN Pre-Licensure Educational Requirements
All general education and pre-nursing courses must be completed before starting the BSN program. Check our college transfer guide to see which courses will transfer to ResU. To request a transcript evaluation, please email all unofficial transcripts from every college or university you have attended to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prerequisites General Education and Pre-Nursing Courses
|Human Anatomy & Physiology I*||4|
|Human Anatomy & Physiology II*||4|
|Introduction to Psychology||3|
|Introduction to Sociology||3|
|Introduction to Computers*||3|
|Developmental Psychology: Lifespan||3|
|English Composition I||3|
|English Composition II||3|
|Humanities and Fine Arts||9|
* Computer and science courses must be completed within the last five years.
The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) helps determine if you’re ready to pursue your Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
The TEAS Exam tests basic essential skills in the academic content areas of reading, mathematics, and science as well as English and language usage. The objectives assessed on the TEAS exam are those which nurse educators deemed most appropriate and relevant to measure entry-level academic readiness of nursing program applicants. Read more about the TEAS Exam and TEAS exam dates offered at ResU.
Are you ready for more detailed information on the BSN pre-licensure and evening/weekend programs? Please fill out our Inquiry Form to create your own personal view book. Your view book allows you to:
- Learn more detailed information about your program of interest
- Set up an appointment with an admissions counselor
- Start the application process
- Fill out an application
- Register for TEAS Exam and upcoming ResU events
- Explore different financial aid options