Admission Criteria for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Pre-Licensure Program
- A cumulative, undergraduate college grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale
- A cumulative science grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale (calculated from Chemistry, Microbiology, Human Anatomy and Physiology I and II)
- An overall Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) score of 68% or higher
- Must be in good standing with all prior colleges and universities attended
All BSN Pre-Licensure Applicants are required to take the TEAS Exam
The Test of the Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) helps determine if you’re ready to pursue your Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing. The TEAS exam tests basic essential skills in the academic content areas of reading, mathematics, and science as well as English and language usage. The objective assessed on the TEAS exam are those which nurse educators deemed most appropriate and relevant to measure entry-level academic readiness of nursing program applicants.
Registering for the TEAS Exam
The TEAS Exam is offered at Resurrection University on select dates. Students can register for the exam by filling out an online application and paying the application fee. Read more about the TEAS Exam and TEAS exam dates offered at ResU.
BSN Pre-Licensure Application Requirements
- Submit an online application and fee ($50 nonrefundable)
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Submit a two-page personal statement detailing the reasons you wish to pursue the degree and how you feel the degree will enhance your career
- Submit an official TEAS exam score (If possible, the exam should be taken and the score should be on file by the deadline for the semester applied for)
Start Terms and Application Deadlines
The BSN pre-licensure program starts in the Fall, Spring and Summer Semesters each year.
- Fall application deadline is April 1st or until all seats are filled
- Spring application deadline is September 1st or until all seats are filled
- Summer application deadline is February 1st or until all seats are filled
This section was designed to answer some of the most frequently asked questions about the BSN program.
BSN Pre-Licensure Educational Prerequisites
All general education and pre-nursing courses must be completed before starting the BSN program. Check our college transfer guide to see which courses will transfer to ResU. To request a transcript evaluation, please email all unofficial transcripts from every college or university you have attended to email@example.com.
Prerequisites General Education and Pre-Nursing Courses
|Human Anatomy & Physiology I*||4|
|Human Anatomy & Physiology II*||4|
|Introduction to Psychology||3|
|Introduction to Sociology||3|
|Introduction to Computers*||3|
|Developmental Psychology: Lifespan||3|
|English Composition I||3|
|English Composition II||3|
|Humanities and Fine Arts||9|
* Computer and science courses must be completed within the last five years.
Create your personal view book and learn more
To create your own personal view book, simply complete our Inquiry Form. Your view book allows you to:
- Learn more detailed information about the BSN Pre-Licensure Program
- Set up an appointment with an admissions counselor
- Start you application process
- Register for TEAS Exam and upcoming ResU events
- Explore different financial aid options