Health Information Management Program
Admission Criteria for the Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management (BSHIM) Program
BSHIM Admission Criteria
- A cumulative, undergraduate college grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale
- Must be in good standing with all prior colleges and universities attended
BSHIM Application Requirements
- Submit an online application and fee ($50 nonrefundable)
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Submit a two-page personal statement detailing the reasons you wish to pursue the degree and how you feel the degree will enhance your career
As an upper-division transfer school, potential HIM students will need to transfer in about 60 semester credits in General Education and Support courses. We highly recommend completing a transcript evaluation prior to applying in order to understand the classes that would transfer and the classes still needed. I need a transcript evaluation!
The HIM program starts in the Fall only.
- Fall application deadline is July 15 (or until all seats are filled)
This section was designed to answer the most frequently asked questions about the HIM program.Read More
Prerequisites General Education Courses
As an upper-division University, Resurrection requires students entering the HIM program to complete all general education and support prerequisites prior to admission.
|Social Science Electives||9|
|Humanities and Fine Arts||9|
Prerequisites Support Courses
|Intro to Computers||3|
|*Anatomy & Physiology I||4|
|*Anatomy & Physiology II||4|
*Anatomy & Physiology courses do not require labs. Students may elect to take Pathopharmacology at ResU. The class will be added to the student’s curriculum and satisfy the separate Pathophysiology and Pharmacology requirements.
Create Your My ResU Page and Learn More
To create your My ResU Page, simply complete our Inquiry Form.
This allows you to:
- Learn more detailed information about the HIM program
- Set up an appointment with an admissions counselor
- Start the application process
- Fill out an application
- Explore different financial aid options
- Register for upcoming ResU events