Admission Criteria for the Bachelor of Science in Health Informatics & Information Management (BSHIIM)
BSHIIM Admission Criteria
- A cumulative, undergraduate college grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale
- Must be in good standing with all prior colleges and universities attended
BSHIIM Application Requirements
- Submit an online application and fee ($50 nonrefundable)
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Submit a two-page personal statement detailing the reasons you wish to pursue the degree and how you feel the degree will enhance your career
As an upper-division transfer school, potential HIIM students will need to transfer in about 60 semester credits in General Education and Support courses. We highly recommend completing a transcript evaluation prior to applying in order to understand the classes that would transfer and the classes still needed. I need a transcript evaluation!
The HIIM program starts in the Fall only.
- Fall application deadline is July 15 (or until all seats are filled)
This section was designed to answer the most frequently asked questions about the HIIM program.
Prerequisites General Education Courses
As an upper-division University, Resurrection requires students entering the HIIM program to complete all general education and support prerequisites prior to admission.
|Social Science Electives||9|
|Humanities and Fine Arts||9|
|Total General Education||40|
Prerequisites Support Courses
|Intro to Computers||3|
|*Anatomy & Physiology I||4|
|*Anatomy & Physiology II||4|
|Total Support Courses||21|
*Anatomy & Physiology courses do not require labs. Students may elect to take Pathopharmacology at ResU. The class will be added to the student’s curriculum and satisfy the separate Pathophysiology and Pharmacology requirements.
Create Your My ResU Page and Learn More
To create your My ResU Page, simply complete our Inquiry Form.
This allows you to:
- Learn more detailed information about the HIIM program
- Set up an appointment with an admissions counselor
- Start the application process
- Fill out an application
- Explore different financial aid options
- Register for upcoming ResU events