BSIT – Pre-Licensure – The Saint Francis School of Radiography
Admission Criteria for the Bachelor of Science in Imaging Technology (BSIT) Pre-Licensure Program
BSIT Admission Criteria
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate college grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 on a 4.0 scale
- A minimum HESI Exam score of 70% in each of 4 categories (Reading Comprehension, Mathematics, Anatomy and Physiology, Vocabulary)
- Must be in good standing with all prior colleges and universities attended
We want you to succeed, and will honor your past achievements. Everyone’s journey is different, but we’re here to help you reach your destination in a way that works best for you. Using a holistic approach, ResU works with you by offering personalized, individualized plans that take into account your educational background, as well as your work experience and life experience.
All BSIT Pre-Licensure Applicants are required to take the HESI Exam
The Health Education Services Inc. (HESI) Exam helps determine if you’re ready to pursue your Bachelor’s degree in Imaging Technology. The HESI exam tests basic essential skills in the academic content areas of reading, mathematics, science, as well as English and language usage. The objectives assessed on the HESI exam are those which educators deemed most appropriate and relevant to measure the entry-level academic readiness of allied health program applicants.
Registering for the HESI Exam
The HESI Exam is offered at Resurrection University on select dates. Students can register for the exam by filling out an online application and paying the application fee. For questions regarding the HESI Exam, please contact Mallory Martin, Student Development & Disability Services Coordinator, 773.252.5304 or email@example.com
BSIT Pre-Licensure Application Requirements
- Submit an online application and fee ($50 nonrefundable)
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Submit a two-page personal statement detailing the reasons you wish to pursue the degree and how you feel the degree will enhance your career
- HESI Exam score on file (must be taken and on file by the deadline for the semester applied for)
We highly recommend completing a transcript evaluation prior to applying in order to understand the classes that would transfer and the classes still needed. I need a transcript evaluation!
The BSIT pre-licensure program starts in the Fall and Spring semesters.
- We accept applications on a rolling basis until all seats are filled. *Due to clinical placement, health documentation must be completed three weeks prior to the start of the term.
This section was designed to answer the most frequently asked questions about the BSIT program.Read More
Prerequisites General Education and Radiography Courses
|English Composition I & II||6|
|Social Science Electives||6|
|Physical Science||3 or 4*|
|Life Science||3 or 4*|
|Anatomy & Physiology I||4**|
|Growth and Development/Lifespan||3|
|College Algebra (or higher)||3**|
* One lab is required between the physical science and the life science courses
** completed within the last five years
Create Your My ResU Page and Learn More
Are you ready for more detailed information on the BSIT pre-licensure program? Please fill out our Inquiry Form to create your My ResU Page.
Your view book allows you to:
- Learn more detailed information about the BSIT program
- Set up an appointment with an admissions counselor
- Start the application process
- Fill out an application
- Register for the HESI Exam and upcoming ResU events
- Explore different financial aid options