At Resurrection University, our support extends well beyond the classroom.
At ResU, we’re here for you and we provide the support you need to find success in the classroom and in life.
ResU recognizes that life can be overwhelming at times. That’s why we offer students access to personal counseling services at no charge. If you need emotional or mental health support, do not hesitate to contact Counseling & Wellness Services.
CWS on Social Media
Be sure to check out ResU’s Facebook page for posts related to mental health and well-being!
Counseling & Wellness Services offers:
- Short-term individual counseling
- Distance counseling (via phone or email)
- Crisis intervention
- Referrals to community resources and other providers
- Workshops and presentations
- Growth and support groups
If you are interested in any of these services, please send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact one of our Personal Counselors below.
Concerns Addressed in Counseling
Students seek counseling for a wide variety of concerns including, but not limited to, the following:
Everything you talk about with your counselor is confidential. Counselors respect your information in accordance with state and federal laws and professional ethical standards. Counselors will not disclose any of your information outside of CWS without your written consent. By law, exceptions with confidentiality may occur when there is a threat of harm to self or others, an indication of child or elder abuse, and/or a signed judge’s subpoena requesting information.
Making an Appointment
Please email an appointment request, including a brief description of your availability to email@example.com. One of the Personal Counselors will connect with you to schedule a meeting in a timely manner.
If you prefer to meet with one of the Personal Counselors specifically, you may also contact Susan Siokos or Nicole Wuerl directly via their ResU email or phone.
If you are unable to reach one of our Personal Counselors and you are in need of immediate, non-emergency counseling assistance, please contact the Presence Behavioral Health Crisis Line at (708) 681-HELP (708-681-4357) for support and recommendations.
If you are experiencing an emergency, please call 911 or visit your nearest hospital’s emergency department.
Mental, Behavioral & Emotional Health Resources
- Mental Health Resource Guide 2017 – hotline numbers, local mental health services and other resources.
- ULifeline.org/ResU – comprehensive, confidential, online resource center where you can search for information about mental and emotional health.
- Self Evaluator – confidentially and securely screens for 13 of the most common mental health conditions that college students face.
- NOTE: This screening does not provide a diagnosis, but identifies problems that could impact thoughts, feelings and behaviors. The screening process also provides information on these conditions and how to reach out for help.
- Supporting a Friend in Distress – a guide about how to identify signs of distress, effectively approach a fellow student of concern and offer support.
- Substance Use & Abuse Resource Guide– includes helpline numbers, links to online screenings and information about treatment options and support groups.
- Learning Disabilities and Attention Deficit Disorder Resource List – information about diagnostic assessment, personal support, and professional services related to learning disabilities. Please also refer to the ResU Disabilities Services.
ResU & Presence Behavioral Health Collaboration
Counseling & Wellness Services is pleased to collaborate with Rachel Kazez, LCSW in her role as Resurrection University/Presence Behavioral Health student liason.
Presence Behavioral Health (PBH) provides outpatient treatment options through Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center including individual, family, and group therapy, psychiatric services, community support, case management, an adolescent intensive program, and outpatient day programs.
To inquire about PBH’s outpatient treatment options and sliding scale rates, please contact Rachel at (312) 770-2572.