The Spring semester is approaching quickly and we can’t wait to welcome new and returning students to campus. Please join us for a Spring Semester Week of Welcome (WOW), January 8-13! Our welcome week kick-off will include free food, activities, networking, community service and fun.
Get to know the campus, meet with ResU leadership and community members while you enjoy treats brought to you by local restaurants. Want to get involved? Talk to reps from our student groups to learn more about how you can help out during the year or sign up to volunteer for our Saturday Service Day. And the Pop-Up Shop will be back for one day only during Week of Welcome so you can stock up on your favorite ResU apparel.
Whatever you’re in to, there will be something for everyone during this welcome week extravaganza! (Plan to arrive early, once food & supplies are gone, they’re gone.) Come for the goodies, stay for the experience!
Week of Welcome (WOW) schedule:
All Week 1/8 – 1/13
All Day – Student Lounge
- Get Involved – have you thought about joining a student group or volunteering your time? Stop by and learn more about The Student Government Organization (SGO), Resurrection University Student Nurses Association (RUSNA), and the Resurrection University United Nations Association (ResU-UNA).
- Learn More – pick up info from various Student Services Departments, including Financial Aid, Career Services and Counseling & Wellness Services (CWS).
Monday, January 8
2 – 5 PM Student Lounge
- Uniform Store – Stop by and order your clinical uniform.
2 – 3 PM 11th floor chapel
- Prayer Service with Mission & Ministry – a spiritual service for students, faculty and staff of all faiths.
3 – 5 PM Student Lounge
- Mindy’s Hot Chocolate – Warm up with a decadent beverage from this Wicker Park staple.
Tuesday, January 9
7:45 – 9:15 AM – Breakfast with Mission & Ministry (1st floor across the hall from the Admissions Department)
- Stop by and say hi to John DiMucci, Director of Mission and Ministry and Sister Dina Bato to learn a little more about Mission and Ministry at ResU. We will have light breakfast foods and information on our upcoming Service Day and other Ministry programs.
Wednesday, January 10
11 am – 5 pm Student Lounge
- ResU’s Pop-Up Spirit Store – Shop our collection of program tees, sweaters, sweatpants and limited edition items!
2 – 3 AND 4 – 5 PM Student Lounge
- Financial Aid – schedule an appointment with a Financial Aid Officer or get basic student finance information.
3:30 – 4:30 PM Room 1N24
- The ResU Experience: A Mixer with Administration & Academic Advisors – Sip our signature punch and nosh on finger foods while mingling with your academic advisor, ResU Administration and learn about student life here. Play trivia games and enter our raffle to win cool prizes!
Thursday, January 11
12:30 – 2:30 PM Pavilion Room (1st floor, south end of the hospital)
- Movie Screening – vote for one of two movie options that will be screened. Light refreshments will be included.
2 – 3 PM Student Lounge
- Patti Ray of Jewish Life will be here to discuss the Festival of Trees.
2 – 6 PM Student Lounge
- Career Services – make an appointment for resume assistance and learn how to join to the CareerLink community.
3 – 5 PM Student Lounge
- Jarabe Taco Bar – enjoy a self-serve taco bar from the popular Taylor Street spot.
Saturday, January 13
8:30 AM – 12:30 PM – Service Day
- Join classmates, faculty and staff for ResU Service Day. This is a great way to meet students and serve our community. We will meet on campus between 8:00 – 8:30 am for a light breakfast and then head out to various community locations Casa Catalina, Su Casa and Misericordia. We’ll join together again for a picnic style lunch at 12:30 pm. An email with more information will be sent out or stop by office 1N01 to speak to John DiMucci or Sister Dina Bato.
Food and special giveaways are offered to students until supplies run out.
See you there!